Did you know you can run a Business with Headless CMS?
Did you know that Headless CMS is not a mystery?
6 min read
Table of contents
- What is a Traditional Content Management System aka CMS?
- What's the Problem behind Tradition CMS?
- What is a Headless CMS?
- Why You need a Headless CMS
- Some of the Headless CMS
- How to get started with the Headless CMS industry?
- Useful Resources for the Journey
- Did you know that I've been running an Online Headless CMS Business for One year and a half?
- 🌎 Let's connect
Hey, there! This is Kenn, Your Daily Advocate, Business Partner, and Friend from CodeWithKenn! Welcome to the Blog! Make yourself at home!
In a nutshell, in this article, you're going to learn what a Headless CMS is, how to get started with it, and where you can find useful Resources for your Website Development Journey if you're a Developer or your Business Journey if you're a Business Owner.
Let's get started!
Before jumping into the Headless CMS concepts, let's view how the CMS world is made.
What is a Traditional Content Management System aka CMS?
A content management system (CMS) is an application that is used to manage content, allowing multiple contributors to create, edit and publish on the Internet.
You have a website, and You're behind the content which is being published, meaning you're the one who writes the content and publishes it so that your Website visitors can view/read/interact with it, or you have a team responsible for all the management process (Editors, Writers, Publishers, Contributors, and so on).
In other terms, A content management system (or CMS) is an application used for web development that allows content creators to produce, edit and publish text, or images, to a website. (from medium.com/tribalscale)
What's the Problem behind Tradition CMS?
As you just saw, Traditional CMS seems to be pretty useful and well-suited for your Business, But as you grow in your Business, the company data and information will increase. By increasing the amount of data, we clearly see there will be some requirements for the Business to remain up and running efficiently.
- And a Traditional CMS is not suited for this type of technicities. Unless you only want your business to stay small with a Simple Website, you cannot be happy and satisfied to see your information in the data not well handled, because the CMS can't handle it.
- Apart from the Scalability problem, you'll have a problem with Flexibility. Using a Traditional CMS, you're stuck in a lack of flexibility and unable to bring as much customization as needed, because you're dependent on the platform.
- It's time and money when you look for maintenance and enhancements, and this is not good neither for the Developer nor for the Business Owner.
What is a Headless CMS?
As we know, Traditional CMS doesn't have a front-end (the Designed User Interfaces); it can be used to store content but it doesn't visually display it.
But a headless content management system, or headless CMS, is a back-end-only content management system that acts primarily as a content repository.
(From Softweb Solutions)
Quick Video for You
Why You need a Headless CMS
The truth of the matter is not only the fact that Headless CMS are very useful and powerful for Developers and Businesses, but also it's increasingly popular.
With more flexibility, low cost, richer web experience, easier to manage, with little pain.
As a Developer
For Software Developers, imagine creating a Content Architecture once for all and letting your Client or Manager manage, write, and publish the Content by himself, and You care ONLY about the User Interface. With little effort, little pain, You save time and gain a lot of money. And not only that, but You can also choose whatever Frontend technology you like.
You can use React, Vue, Angular, or Svelte + whatever Headless CMS you want 🤯
As a Business Owner
As a Business Owner, imagine having not to care of the User Interfaces Technologies, your team (Designer and Developer) take care of all the technical parts following your Design preferences, your Company's Logo Graphic Charter once for all.
You'll only have to go to the CMS type the Content you want and click on the "Publish" button.
That's not all! Did you know that Headless CMS is a lot cheaper for your Business Growth? It's like investing money for your Future Business Scalability.
Pay today, save the future. You got it right!
- Using Headless CMS, you have more than an 80% of chance of winning the Search Engine Optimization(SEO) Game.
Furthermore, if you're one of my followers, you'll discover other useful Headless CMS Business-driven articles, I will talk about the financial part of the Business.
Some of the Headless CMS
There are plenty of Headless CMS startups today, here are some of them.
How to get started with the Headless CMS industry?
You can get started now without much effort in learning how things happen.
As a Developer
If you're a Developer, You can get started by learning these technologies:
- Frontend: Reactjs (Gatsby or Nextjs) and a CSS Framework like Tailwind CSS to save your time.
- API Communication: Learn GraphQL to create and exchange data between the Headless CMS and the Frontend of your app.
- Headless CMS: learn how to create Content Architecture (how to create and structure your content in order to simplify your client's work), how to make it intuitive.
As a Business Owner
As a Business Owner, You can get started by:
- Hiring Some Industry Experts: You can hire a Headless CMS Developer, a Writer, and a Content Editor, to simplify your life, or you can simply hire the Developer and one Writer to make things simpler.
- Learning how to create content: by this, you will learn how to write the Content following the Marketing principles.
- Improving your Marketing and Content Creation Skills
That's all you need to know in order to get started as a Business Owner.
Useful Resources for the Journey
To go further in your journey, here are the resources you need:
As a Developer
⚡ Building a super-fast and secure website with a CMS is no big deal.
⚡ Youtube Videos on Headless CMS
⚡ Get Started with Gatsby JS and Headless CMS
As Business Owner or Company
⚡ How To Model And Structure Content For A Headless CMS
⚡ Should you use WordPress or Headless CMS
Did you know that I've been running an Online Headless CMS Business for One year and a half?
I've been running the Business, and It's kinda fun and very interesting to help Business to grow using Headless CMS.
Building Fast, Secure, and SEO-friendly Websites for Business Owners and Startups (working in Private and Public).
Will you be interested in working with me? Feel free to contact by the Website:
Stay tuned! More articles are coming out! Feel free to follow, comment, and share the articles to support me 🤙
🌎 Let's connect
- ⚡ See My Bio Link
Want to start blogging? 🔥Join NOW!